Marketing Assistant - 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Owlstone Medical is offering a marketing assistant position on a 1 year fixed term contract. You will be embedded within the marketing team and assist with a variety of marketing projects. There will also be close interaction with the lead generation team and the sales team.
Key Tasks / Accountabilities
- Assist with production of marketing materials
- Assist with organization of conferences and events
- Assist in tracking the performance of marketing activities, generating reports of relevant metrics.
- Working as part of the team to help deliver on email and other marketing campaigns
- Generation of lists of prospects, in various areas of expertise and markets; mining web and social media with a view to generate new contacts within relevant industries and research areas that can then be approached via marketing / lead generation
- Management of data in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
Essential Requirements for the role
- Strong motivation and drive to work
- Demonstrated ability to understand what is required and grasp new concepts easily
- Capable of working with a moderate level of supervision
- An interest in the life sciences industry
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- English language proficiency
Education & Training
- A-level(s) in chemistry and/or biology
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Team goal oriented and efficient time management skills
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.