Reporting to the Finance Manager the Accounts Assistant will work in close partnership with the other accounts assistant across a range of activities, supporting the wider finance function.
Roles and responsibilities
- Update the GRN deliveries on Sage 50.
- Administrate any inaccuracies and queries with deliveries.
- Ensure that all invoices have relevant and valid purchase orders, confirming the details are correct and code ready for inputting into internal finance systems.
- Daily input of purchase invoices onto Sage.
- Reconciliation or supplier accounts.
- Liaise with the purchasing and quality departments to ensure that suppliers are validated, and details correct on all systems.
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Company credit card reconciliations
- Complete filing and general office duties for the finance team.
- Assisting with the preparation of month end.
- Knowledge or Sage 50 Accounts, or other similar accounting systems.
- Competent user of Microsoft office suite. Including advance use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in a finance position previously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated and able to apply initiative to tasks.
- AAT Qualification or currently studying towards an accountancy qualification.
- Ability to process large volumes of accounting data timely and accurately
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.