Owlstone Medical’s mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. With several major projects underway to develop disease screening and diagnosis based on detection of metabolic products in breath.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and TD GC-MS laboratory experience. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of responsibility:
- Plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Owlstone medical assay / application / product development projects with a focused-on TD-GC-MS method development.
- Ensure experimental work adheres to department processes
- Maintain accurate up to date
- Laboratory records
- Other duties as assigned per qualifications
- Degree / Higher degree, or equivalent, in analytical science or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years GC-MS experience
- Experience with thermal desorption techniques highly desirable
- Experience with advance chromatography data processing techniques, such as retention time alignment and deconvolution highly desirable.
- Experience with regulated GC MS assay development, including transfer, verification, and validation
- Excellent technical scientific writing, communication, and organizational skills
The successful candidate:
- Must be hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Will value interpersonal and communication skills very highly; must be a team player
- Complex problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.