Business Development Associate
This role of Business Development Associate is based within the Sales and Marketing Team reporting to the Global VP of Sales. There will also be frequent interactions with the Field Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams.
This would be an ideal position for a junior salesperson or scientist with a life science degree and excellent communication skills looking to make that first move into sales. The role would involve helping our VP of Sales and team of Business Development Managers sell Owlstone Medical Breath Biopsy Products and Services into academic and government institutions. This position would have a significant impact on market growth within the academic sector with a focus on UK, Europe and Rest of World territory.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
- Identify, qualify and develop new sales opportunities working with the relevant Business Development Manager to generate profitable revenue for the company
- Help to assess, qualify and develop inbound enquiries working with the relevant Business Development Manager
- Assess commercial value of individual prospects, based on predefined criteria and understanding of the product offering and relevant markets
- Engage with the marketing team across various activities for lead generation (e.g. email campaigns)
- Develop quarterly OKR (Objective and Key Result) plans to maximise chances of hitting team sales targets
- Plan, prepare and execute customer engagements with call planning and post-call documentation of meeting minutes and action items in our Confluence documentation system and SalesForce CRM
- Participate in relevant trade shows and conferences to generate leads and stay abreast of customer strategies, goals, and objectives and understand the competition
Preferred Educational Background:
- Graduate from a recognized life science related degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a commercial or sales role, would be considered but is not essential since training will be provided
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and communicate technical concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types both inside and outside the company
- Team goal oriented and efficient time management skills
Training and Growth:
- Along with internal training on Owlstone Medical’s products and services, external sales training will be provided
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.