Calibration & Maintenance Technician
To support and manage the calibration, servicing and maintenance of all equipment used by Owlstone Medical Ltd in the research, development and manufacture of its products and services in order to ensure the company meets regulatory and ISO standard requirements. To support building and facilities maintenance ensuring downtime of equipment and services is kept to a minimum.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performing internal calibration and equipment maintenance activities according to defined SOPs
- Organising calibration, servicing and maintenance activities with external suppliers as required
- Maintenance of the asset database and filing of all required paperwork
- Creation and updates to SOPs as required
- Ensuring that the Quality Management System is adhered to for all calibration and maintenance activities
- Raising, and completing actions against, non-conformances and CAPA in relation to asset management
- Perform monitoring of facilities equipment and scheduled testing of services
- Assist with general maintenance tasks as required
- Monitor and update the Radiation Source log, ensuring it is complete and accurate
- Work flexible hours and the occasional weekend
Essential Experience and Skills
- Relevant apprenticeship or equivalent BTEC
- Demonstrable practical skills associated with mechanical and electrical assembly
- Computer literate, including Word and Excel
- Competent at collating and reporting technical data
- Must enjoy practical work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Inquisitive, proactive completer finisher able to use their own initiative
- Able to follow processes and implement improvements where required
- Confident in reporting and closing out any issues via the appropriate processes
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to plan own workload and manage schedules effectively
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of sensors
- Able to understand how to program PLC controllers
- Experience working within a controlled environment which is accredited to international standards such as ISO 9001
- Experience working to ISO 13485 standards
- Exposure to internal and external audits
- Experience with database management systems
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.