Calibration & Maintenance Technician
To support and manage the calibration, servicing and maintenance of all equipment used by Owlstone Medical Ltd in the research, development and manufacture of its products and services in order to ensure the company meets regulatory and ISO standard requirements. To support building and facilities maintenance ensuring downtime of equipment and services is kept to a minimum.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performing internal calibration and equipment maintenance activities according to defined SOPs
- Organising calibration, servicing and maintenance activities with external suppliers as required
- Maintenance of the asset database and filing of all required paperwork
- Creation and updates to SOPs as required
- Ensuring that the Quality Management System is adhered to for all calibration and maintenance activities
- Raising, and completing actions against, non-conformances and CAPA in relation to asset management
- Perform monitoring of facilities equipment and scheduled testing of services
- Assist with general maintenance tasks as required
- Monitor and update the Radiation Source log, ensuring it is complete and accurate
- Work flexible hours and the occasional weekend
Essential Experience and Skills
- Relevant apprenticeship or equivalent BTEC
- Demonstrable practical skills associated with mechanical and electrical assembly
- Computer literate, including Word and Excel
- Competent at collating and reporting technical data
- Must enjoy practical work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Inquisitive, proactive completer finisher able to use their own initiative
- Able to follow processes and implement improvements where required
- Confident in reporting and closing out any issues via the appropriate processes
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to plan own workload and manage schedules effectively
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of sensors
- Able to understand how to program PLC controllers
- Experience working within a controlled environment which is accredited to international standards such as ISO 9001
- Experience working to ISO 13485 standards
- Exposure to internal and external audits
- Experience with database management systems
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.