Clinical Outsourcing Manager
Owlstone Medical is looking for an experienced and driven Clinical Outsourcing Manager to join its Purchasing Team, responsible for the management of external spend across the business in the most cost effective and efficient manner. The Outsourcing Manager is a key role supporting the Test Programme and represents the organization as they interact with internal and external stakeholders. The Outsourcing Manager’s role is to lead the sourcing, negotiation, implementation of contracts and management of strategic supplier relationships across the Test Programme. The role will also be the central focus for all purchasing activities in relation to procurement of consumables, equipment, and services as determined by the Programme. As part of the Purchasing Team, you will also be involved in supporting the wider day-to-day business activities within Purchasing.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develops, plans, organizes and implements contracting and procurement strategies and programs to meet program requirements and operational efficiency
- Understand key supply markets and use this knowledge and experience to lead and execute the sourcing process to deliver best value
- Deploy specific procurement process knowledge and expertise to lead the analysis of supplier proposals (using appropriate tools and technology) to ensure best value for money decisions are made regarding supplier selection and contract award for the provision of goods and services
- Lead negotiation of commercial and contractual terms (with appropriate legal support) with suppliers to ensure that commercial and contractual risk is managed appropriately
- Supporting Business Development while defining and evolving academic collaborations
- Influence and manage key, strategic supplier relationships to ensure that supplier performance and value is maintained and delivered throughout the contract lifecycle
- Support the business to identify and deliver Opex and Capex savings in line with departmental or programme budgets
- Deliver management information, reporting, insight and analytics on supplier cost and performance
- Provide guidance and contribution on policy and process continuous improvement of the procurement function across the business
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to provide functional and technical expertise and sharing best practice in procurement & supply chain matters
COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Stakeholder engagement - to be successful in this role, you need a strong ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders (Internal and external)
- Supply-Chain Management – be able to manage multiple relationships with suppliers/customers to ensure we always provide and receive the best service and value for money
- Change Management – Understand and agree the level of change required as the company grows and evolves, the ability to support and communicate the changes to Internal and External stakeholders
- Business System – Understand and promote use of company Business Systems, ability to ensure these systems are used in an appropriate manner throughout your role
- Budgeting – Ability to forecast expenditure, and preparing, monitoring and managing budgets
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BA or BSc in a related field with relevant number of years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain discipline
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience gained within the pharmaceutical, bio-tech or diagnostics industry is essential
- Previous practical experience of negotiating clinical trial agreements
- Knowledge of UK contract law and previous contract management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Well organised with a logical approach to problem solving
- Understanding and demonstrable Accounting Principles
- Pro-active and autonomous with the ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong internal and external networking skills
- Able to manage multiple relationships
- Ability to make decisions based on analysis of information and data
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.