As part of Owlstone Medical’s growing operation we are now seeking a Clinical Scientist to be an integral member of our Clinical and Translational Science group.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in several of the following areas: clinical trial design, biostatistics, health economics and/or epidemiology. The individual will be tasked with helping to evaluate, mature and progress our breath biopsy test pipeline. You will evaluate novel and existing opportunities to help determine the optimal clinical positioning of tests, the appropriate evaluations to demonstrate utility ultimately providing input into the trials designed to deliver this information. As such you will work closely with both basic scientists and business development providing an effective bridge between the two functions.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders ranging from basic scientists, chemist, sales & marketing and business development
- Be very comfortable designing clinical trials for evaluation of novel diagnostics
- Have excellent written and oral skills
- Be able to evaluate and condense epidemiological and clinical pathway data to help guide business decisions
- Support the business development team to help build solid business cases around test opportunities
- Take a leading role in evaluating novel opportunities
- Build and maintain networks with KOLs in the relevant disease areas
- Identify novel opportunities for breath biopsy tests
Competencies & Requirements
- Excellent scientific writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly find and condense relevant information around clinical positioning and clinical utility
- Experience of effective communication with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask
- Proactive in your approach to work
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-subject matter experts.
- Experience with health economic modelling
Education & Training
- PhD in the biological or other life sciences
- Medical or epidemiological degree preferable
- Industry experience is desirable
Experience & Knowledge
- A strong publication record is desirable
- Experience of working in a regulated environment is desirable
- Experience conducting and designing studies to GCP standards.
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.