Data Engineer Technical Lead
A Technical Lead is required to lead our team of Data Engineers; building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in individual analytics applications.
The technical lead works with the Product Owner to ensure the solutions delivered are fit for purpose at a minimum effort to the team. You will be responsible for the maintainability of code and solutions and assist the Scrum Master in improving best practices within the team.
Responsibilities (Key Tasks/Accountability)
- Designing and delivering cost-effective solutions
- Support product owner in communicating requirements to the team
- Training others to write flexible and maintainable code
- Ensuring the teams's automated tests adequately cover functionality
- Designing tables for our data warehouse
- Improving effectiveness of our CI/CD pipeline
Competencies & Requirements of the Role
- Expertise in python best practices and TDD.
- Proficiency with docker and CI/CD methods.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL/ELT techniques and best practices.
- Experience working in an effective agile environment.
- Experience as technical lead for a development team environment.
- Experience working with Django or SQLAlchemy.
- Experience working with Apache Beam, Airflow, Luigi, or similar.
- Experience working with Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience with numpy/pandas, scipy, and scikit-learn.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing.
- Automated Testing, Agile Games.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you. Please apply here