This role sits within our HR team and will report directly to the Head of HR. As HR Advisor you will work very closely with the HR Business Partner to oversee the day to day HR operations, delivering an effective, hands-on, practical support and advisory service to managers and employees.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Respond to employee enquiries both through the internal HR mailbox, and in person with employees.
- Ensure that all communication with employees is recorded in the relevant HR systems, and to the internal standard.
- Actively encourage and support managers to take ownership for people management.
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on all aspects of employment and people management.
- Delivering high quality service and support on all aspects of HR to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the deployment of HR initiatives across the employee life cycle.
- Aid the HR team in the monitoring of training requests, appraisals, personal development plans and attrition rates.
- Support the HR Business Partner on Employee Relations Cases.
- Take ownership of HR administration duties, in partnership with the Receptionist/Administrator.
- Play a key role in the setup of a new HRIS, and migration of all employee data.
- Participate in HR and Talent Projects.
- Support the Head of HR to deliver L&D requirements linked to organisational needs.
- Be an ambassador for and help drive a learning and development culture at Owlstone.
- Support the HR Projects & Talent Acquisition Partner in recruitment activities, including scheduling interviews, recruitment attraction strategies and assisting with bulk recruitment.
- Support in the upkeep of Owlstone policies.
- A passion to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Holiday cover for the Talent Acquisition & Projects Business Partner
- Any other reasonable duties as outlined by the Head of HR to support the need of the business and HR.
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a natural ability to be empathetic and show resilience.
- Have proven ability of active listening, ideally within a similar environment of human resources.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to proofread complex documents.
- An interest in the automation of human resource processes, and how technology could assist us with these.
- Highly organised, with an ability to prioritise your day frequently. Knowing the difference between important and urgent tasks.
- An ability to act and review issues without prejudice.
- Knowledge and experience of using HR Information Systems.
- Proven influencing skills within a HR setting.
Education & Training
- Degree in a relevant subject area (HR, Business Studies, Science etc.), or equivalent.
- Desire to work towards Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Experience working in a small HR team (desirable)
- Knowledge of current employment law (desirable)
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Advanced emotional intelligence.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.