HR & Talent Acquisition Administrator
Owlstone Medical are looking for an ambitious, proactive and passionate HR and Talent Acquisition Administrator to join our growing HR team, assisting with a variety of HR and Talent projects, and assisting with day to day operations.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Administrative support to HR, including:Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employments, internal employee letters
- Supporting the HR team with employee administration and filing, ensuring employee files are up to date and accurate, setting up new files for new joiners and archiving those of leavers
- Provide project and administrative support for key internal projects and events across HR
- Support the overall onboarding experience by administering the new joiner process
- Manage the HR inbox, responding to employees for some requests, and escalating enquiries to the HRBP and Head of HR
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date and accurate
- Administration support to Talent Acquisition, including but not limited to:Preparation of all offers of employment, including contracts of employment
- Scheduling of interviews across Owlstone Medical for our volume recruitment, working alongside our Receptionist/Administrator
- Extensive diary management for recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers through the process of scheduling candidates’ interviews
- Advertising vacancies, both through our applicant tracking system, and through individual job boards and universities
- Ensuring the data help in Owlstone Medical’s Applicant Tracking System is accurate and kept up to date
- Management of the careers’ inbox, logging CV's and responding to speculative agency and candidate requests
- Other administrative duties within the role include:Supporting the data cleanse and migration of employee data to our new HR Information System.
- Supporting HR and Talent projects, such as Employer Branding Awareness, HR Policies, Learning and Development etc.
- Raising purchase orders for any purchases into the HR department, including agency fees
- Cover for the receptionist once a week
- Previous experience in an administrative role, either within or outside the HR setting
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise your own time and communicate this to others
- A proactive self-starter approach to work, with a natural problem-solving ability
- Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage interview schedules and project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Personally resilient and able to manage competing demands and work to deadlines with speed and accuracy
- Highly confidential – the role will require you to be aware of highly confidential and sensitive information, personal judgement and discretion is key
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in both written and verbal communications
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Excellent levels of productivity, and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft Office, and a systems mindset
- Administration experience within a fast-paced environment with the ability to complete ad-hoc requests
- You have some background knowledge of HR & Talent practices
- Experience in multi-tasking whilst still ensuring attention to detail and quality outcomes
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines
- Previous experience of project administration, and administering migrations to new systems
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.