The Programme Coordinator will assist the Programme Manager, Programme Technical Lead and project teams to co-ordinate and manage a portfolio of science/engineering-based development projects.
The role will suit an individual who is a team player, has good people skills, is familiar with business processes, and has good analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. This is a key position of responsibility and your success in this role will be central to the success of the company.
Key Tasks / Accountabilities
- Assisting the Programme Manager, Programme Technical Lead and project teams with all aspects of programme/project management and delivery, including providing consistent communications on project status
- Filtering and reporting on programme metrics (progress, milestones, resources, risks, budgets etc.) through liaising with project teams and interrogating internal systems
- Organising, attending and facilitating programme/project meetings alongside the Programme Manager, tracking actions and ensuring all documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Developing and operating appropriate business processes/tools to assist with programme and project management
- Defining and executing targeted activities that lead to business improvement, both for the portfolio of projects that form part of the programme and also in related areas across the wider business (for example project management, research & development, laboratory operations and manufacturing)
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- A high level of organisational skills, with proven experience of managing processes and projects
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Detail oriented, able to research, analyse and assimilate key information.
- Commercially focused with good understanding of business processes
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to collate, summarise and present information and ideas clearly
- IT proficient
- Science/engineering knowledge at a level sufficient to develop an appreciation of the technical essence of projects
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (ideally medical device)
Education & Training
- Degree qualified
Experience / Knowledge
- Data reporting
- Previous experience setting up projects
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
- Energy & Urgency
- Ability to influence others around you
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. Access to selected project information requires prior additional security authorization. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Export Control function approval. Full clearance must be satisfactorily attained against all applicable project-security and US export control authorisations. Failure to meet any reference, BPSS, project-security or export-control authorisations may have an impact on successfully completing your probationary period.