Junior Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator
Owlstone Medical are currently seeking a Junior Buyer to join the growing purchasing department. The successful candidate will be responsible for procurement of components and sub-assemblies, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date purchasing/configuration database and supporting the engineering team in the introduction of new products.
Key elements of the post will include:
- Placing all company orders, including ordering components and subassemblies used in Owlstone products and prototypes
- Maintaining supplier qualification procedures and criteria.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of open orders and resolving any delivery problems.
- Goods in holiday cover.
- Covering holiday in the team with checking of received orders for quantity and part numbers, reconciling with purchase orders and returning unwanted / unsuitable goods.
- Managing the generation and reporting of supplier KPI’s.Managing project purchasing in line with business requirements.
- Inventory reconciliation, including stock counts.
According to experience, the post may also include:
- Negotiating pricing and supply agreements.
- Managing key supplier relationships.
- Accompany annual supplier audits in alignment with Owlstone’s quality requirements.
- Playing an active role in shaping and implementing Owlstone purchasing procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 including being an advanced user of Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables).
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without close supervision.
- A proactive approach to work and the purchasing function.
- Experience in a purchasing position, or within a manufacturing environment.
- Electrical or mechanical sector experience would be advantageous.
Education & Training
- A-Levels standard or equivalent relevant experience.
- An Engineering HND would be advantageous in the role.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.