Working closely with the analytical and breath biopsy teams you will be expected to ensure that all lab processes relating to quality and health and safety, operate smoothly.
You will be working in a lab-environment providing a supporting role to the analysis of breath samples hence strict adherence to working procedures and quality standards is a key element of this role
- Daily management of adsorbent sample tubes, including Tube conditioning, Brass and Diff cap cleaning.
- Assist with the daily running of TD-GC-MS instrumentation by preparation of QC standards and QC samples.
- Compressed gases management.
- Chemical ordering and inventory.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date laboratory records.
- General assistance with the running of laboratory, being responsible for undertaking daily tasks.
- Adherence to ISO9001, ISO13485, GLP, GCLP and other quality systems as required.
Competencies & Requirements of this role:
- Has to be bright and delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to meet objectives in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Competent self-management skills to allow both structured independent lone working, and integration into project development cycles.
- Well organised and able to follow quality procedures/
Education & Training
- Be qualified to degree level in a science related discipline however a practical background in laboratory environment may also suffice.
- Working knowledge of thermal desorption gas chromatography desirable.
- Experience of working in a clinical lab environment.
- Experience of method development and experimental validation.
- Hands-on experience of sample management database and/or essential data entry.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities.
- Good data entry skills and able to handle repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3169fe5b8034464f8f3c1e000a684990