Lead Generation - Internship
You will be mainly engaged in a variety of projects within the lead generation team, which is embedded in the marketing team. There will be close interaction with the sales and business development team, as well.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- Gain knowledge about the Owlstone Medical offering as well as the markets addressed
- Integration and management of collected enrichment data into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Generation of lists of prospects, in various areas of expertise and markets; Mining web and social media for relevant contacts and their details with a view to fill the sales funnel
- Work on marketing programs (email campaigns, event follow up)
- Assist with production of marketing material
- Reach out to prospects via email and over the phone
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures achievement of project goals and objectives, by working in close alignment with the lead generation, marketing and sales teams, aligned with the company strategy and needs of the business.
- Assists in tracking optimal lead to opportunity process: Provides regular reports on results of lead generation and marketing projects and activities.
- Represents the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
Preferred Educational Background
- Undergraduate or graduate from a recognized life sciences related program.
- English required, additional business relevant language a plus.
- No prior working experience required
- Demonstrated ability to grasp technical concepts and message key points
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Team goal oriented and efficient time management skills
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/18b31c8f153747728289a8ae8b927753