Management Accountant (6 month FTC)
We are looking to recruit for a Management Accountant to join our busy finance team, whilst our current Financial Controller has been seconded onto project work internally, migrating and setting up a new MRP system (Microsoft NAV Dynamics) incorporating a transition away from Sage 50.
The role will require you to take ownership and assist with the following tasks:
- Assist with the UK & US monthly management accounts.
- Create and produce detailed balance sheet reconciliations.
- Product project reports as required, typically weekly.
- Provide assistance with detailed divisional analysis on revenues and margins.
- Maintain real time bookings, revenue and backlog information.
- Provide assistance to stock control and bill of materials (BOM) and checking the access of BOM.
- Liaise regularly with our production and manufacturing teams.
- Assist with the year end audit.
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience as a Management Accountant for a growing organisation
- Qualified (CIMA or ACCA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user, including pivot tables, data extractions and complex calculations.
- Experience of Sage, multi-currency and consolidation experience is highly desirable
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy is required for this position.
- An enquiring mind, interest in learning and understanding why.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.