NPI Engineering Technician (Internal Only)
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and working closely with our team of highly skilled technicians, chemists, development engineers and project managers the NPI Engineering Technician will ensure that products are developed and manufactured to world class quality standards. All Owlstone Medical hardware products contain electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, software, and FAIMS sub-systems. The NPI Engineering Technician is expected to assist new product introduction and provide engineering support to internal and external customers.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Assist in developing manufacturing assembly and test processes through hands on involvement in all aspects of engineering, production and support activities.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement throughout Owlstone Medical operations; reducing variation in processes, improving efficiencies and manufacturability, working methods, test systems and product quality etc.
- Working with the supply chain to improve component quality, resolving material non-conformances when required, ensuring value engineering and advancing product assembly methods.
- Creation and development of process documentation, bills of materials and work instructions etc.
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant quality systems and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records to track individual system status and history improving traceability, repeatability and quality.
- Work closely with the Engineer to deliver the process of technology transfer from R&D to manufacture, ensuring all aspects are sufficiently defined to facilitate successful release while achieving project deadlines
- Multi-skilled, capable of solving wide-ranging technical problems throughout manufacturing processes
- Project planning experience and the ability to deliver to ambitious timelines
- Experience of evolving and defining manufacturing processes, documenting and transferring to manufacturing staff
- Experience of Reliability Engineering projects, Quality Systems, preferably ISO13485 and ISO 14971 Medical device Risk Management would be advantageous.
- Experience in New Product Introduction programmes, defining, carrying out the work and reporting success
- Mechanical & system engineering design skills would be useful.
Education & Training
- HNC/HND preferably in Electronic, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Experience / Knowledge
- Relevant experience in a complex, fast moving manufacturing environment, preferably with medical devices.
- Ability to provide training to manufacturing staff on new processes
- Experience of supporting cross-functional projects and reporting progress on a regular basis
- Documenting procedures within a company QMS
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about the metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in-breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.