Personal Assistant (PA) / Office Manager
Following the growth of Owlstone Medical, we are now looking for an experienced and attention detailed PA/ Office Manager to support the, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and the VP’s. The role will require excellent planning and organisational skills as you will be required to manage a wide variety of tasks, sometimes complex and demanding, and will involve using initiative to ensure that deadlines are met. A diplomatic and discreet approach is paramount in this role, along with respecting confidentiality at all times.
The senior leadership team diaries will form a large part of this role, as they are consistently required in multiple conflicting meetings throughout the day. So, a methodical and professional approach to managing this, and the meeting organisers is key.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Provide a high-quality planning and organisational support service to the senior leadership team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Effective management of their electronic diaries, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Providing support for a range of meetings, this will include preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting minutes.
- Receiving and dealing with telephone calls professionally, re-directing or taking messages and using initiative to deal with queries
- Sorting, distributing and responding or drafting responses to incoming mail in a timely and efficient manner and organising and maintaining effective filing systems.
- Processing claims for expenses.
- Any other ad hoc administrative support required by the senior leaders.
Competencies and Requirements of the role
- Proactive approach to tasks and problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to remain calm and structured when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Ability to engage and persuade the leadership team, to foster a collaborative and productive working relationship.
- Any event planning experience would be desirable
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment
Educated to at least A-Level, preferably degree.
- Experience in an office manager role previously.
- Proven track record of managing diaries of senior leaders, ideally multiple leaders.
- Extensive diary management experience.
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with experience of handling multiple tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite packages, including word processing, excel and preparing presentations
- Ability to take minutes and actions clearly and accurately
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.