About the role:
At Owlstone, you'll be responsible for understanding and communicating the needs of your users and driving the commercial success of your products through creative thinking, shrewd negotiation, and a keen focus on business value. You will create buy-in for the product vision internally and externally, and delivery that vision by connecting your dedicated Agile delivery team with the wider business stakeholders.
Your experience will include:
- Creating a coherent vision from competing requirements that links to the company's overarching strategy
- Communicating a vision, both within a team and to an outside audience
- Triaging, negotiating, and prioritising requests -- separating the work from the value
Key Tasks / Accountabilities
- Making sure all work done by the team adds value to the company
- Maintaining and prioritising a back log of work based on said value
- Continually assessing, mitigating, and communicating risk
- Clearly articulating acceptance criterion for work and defining when an item of work is “done”
- Negotiating the scope of work in a way that delivers maximum value for minimal effort
- Reporting on the health of the team and their progress
Education & Training
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with the Atlassian product stack (Confluence, Bitbucket, JIRA)
- Familiarity with agile
- Experience writing user stories
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.