Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist role is essential for enabling customer success at Owlstone. The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting period as we develop and evolve the support strategy for our internal and external customers. The Product Support Specialist will act as a consultant during pre and post-sales support allowing the achievement of Owlstone Medical’s and its customers’ business objectives. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering and Service Manager the Product Specialist will be expected to evolve a deep understanding of our product families and operation to provide first-class customer support for our evolving technology.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Professionally and efficiently evaluate and answer customer questions and complaints
- Partner with Sales in order to provide strategic plans for new deals or expanding existing customer sites
- Conduct on-site or remote customer training
- Coordinate new installations, and conduct installations
- Support new product development and develop methods to demonstrate the suitability of Owlstone's systems for use with customer samples
- Develop, write and publish technical documentation and training materials to educate external and internal customers
- Regularly communicate technical product updates to customers and Sales colleagues
- Take responsibility for monitoring and reporting repairs, providing solutions and proposing continuous improvements
- Demonstrated hands-on skills and knowledge on bench-top gas analysis systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges
- Ability to provide equipment specific training to a range of customers
- Instrument method development
- Customer support and customer facing communication skills
- Ability to work with Principal Investigators, project leads and nurses.
- Willingness to travel (Up to 20% of time)
- PhD with 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytical chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated ability to perform well independently or collaborating in teams
- IT skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of instrument vendors’ software (Agilent MassHunter, Markes TOF-DS, and/or Thermo TraceFinder)
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software is desirable.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Time management
- Able to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.