Owlstone is looking for a Project Coordinator to join its busy PMO.
The successful candidate will work with Project Managers to ensure projects are running smoothly by managing team activities, project documentation and anticipating and flagging project issues as early as possible to ensure effective communication between internal stakeholders. The role will suit an individual who is a team player, has good people skills, has a keen eye for detail and processes, and is able to proactively liaise with highly technical teams, business developers, and clients.
In this role, you will need the ability to manage projects from start up through to completion and ensure that the organisation can realise the benefits of the project outputs.
Working across all areas of the business and with a wide range of stakeholders, this role is pivotal to the success of Owlstone.
You will be involved in supporting the project teams with the full life cycle of a project, including:
- Start Up – Assist the Project Manager with producing the project brief and set up the project structures, e.g. document folders, timesheet codes, finance codes, etc. Ensure budget proposals are recorded and signed-off.
- Initiation – Assist with developing requirements documents and producing plans for the project schedule, resources, communication, risk and quality management.
- Execution – Organise, attend and facilitate project meetings alongside the Project Manager, tracking actions and milestones, and ensuring all documentation is kept up to date. Perform regular process maintenance, for example managing export control, budget/resource tracking, IP registers, issue management, etc.
- Monitoring & Control – Provide consistent communications on project progress, resource requirement, finances, and risks.
- Closure – complete the documentation and assist with the lessons learned and post market surveillance processes.
- You will assist with routine organisational processes such as setting quarterly project objectives and key results and you will also work closely with the Quality Management team to ensure quality systems are adhered to throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Project Management – you will have previous experience in a similar role and will have a solid knowledge of project management practices. You will be highly organised with a demonstrated ability to support multiple project teams with minimal guidance. You may also have been responsible for owning part of the project deliverables.
- Team Building – you will be a team player with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work well with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Communication and Negotiation – you will have the ability to communicate effectively internally at different levels and will be comfortable presenting your work to the project teams.
- Collaboration and Self Awareness – you will be aware of your strengths and weaknesses and you will actively seek to improve your skills and abilities through personal development
- Information Technology – you will be comfortable using a range of IT systems at an intermediate level to support projects, e.g. MS Office (including Project and Teams), Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, Document Management Systems, etc.
- Experience of working within an Agile / Scrum framework
- Experience of working within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.