Working closely with the Breath Biopsy Lab and R&D Teams, you will be expected to carry-out routine analysis and validation of samples using proprietary in-house instrumental techniques. Results will need to be analysed and reported on a daily-basis as well as being responsible for the overall chemical stock and upkeeping.
- Follow standard procedure for data inspection of data produced in the Breath Biopsy Laboratory. Reporting and analysis of test results, reviewing data trends and issues with the results.
- Comprehensive procedure review and update adhering to QMS procedures for document update
- Support the correct completement of improvement plans.
- Standard preparation
- Stock checks and laboratory upkeeping
COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Demonstrates practical and technical knowledge of gas chromatography mass spectrometry
- Self-management skills to allow both structured and independent work and integration into project development cycles
- Demonstrate practical and technical knowledge in chemical handling and standard preparation
- Thermal Desorption Experience
- Attention to detail
- Experience with statistical analysis software
Education & Training:
- Degree level in a science related discipline
- 1-year experience in a quality control laboratory or related
- Previous experience within a Clinical Testing/Trial environment
- Can demonstrate ability to adhere to GLP to meet QC/QA requirements
- Ability to interpret and present conclusions using analytical data
- Attention to detail
- Appropriate MS Office skills
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e27aa9d3e7584522bfe1f6f64f54a673