Scientific Marketing Specialist
Location: Cambridge Science Park
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add a Scientific Marketing Specialist to our team to help us achieve it.
About the job
The Scientific Marketing Specialist will use their scientific background to identify target audiences and effectively communicate the value of Owlstone Medical’s Instruments and Services to those audiences using a range of communication channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating scientific content for e.g. posters, publications, blog posts, e-mails, website, presentations, webinars and other marketing collateral
- Building and maintaining interest-based custom audiences
- Set up and evaluation of digital ads (Facebook, Google Adwords, LinkedIn, other 3rd party platforms)
- Posting relevant content on 3rd party sites and in 3rd party e-mails
- Monitor and respond to enquiries on Social Media channels
- Design, build, manage, and execute marketing automation (Marketo) campaigns including e-mail and digital channels, and customized landing pages
- Update website with new content (blog posts, news, events etc.)
- Website SEO focusing on use of keywords
- Identify relevant conferences for the company to attend
- Conference organization including pre- and post-event marketing tailored to the conference attendees
The successful candidate will have/be
- A degree in a relevant biological scientific discipline
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies, marketing automation, lead generation and qualification
- High self-motivation with a sense of urgency
- Creative mindset with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well with other members of the Sales & Marketing team towards a shared goal
- Well organized, able to work flexibly and prioritize multiple tasks in a rapidly evolving cross-functional environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Any of the following would be advantageous
- PhD in a relevant biological scientific discipline
- Knowledge of Python or other programming language
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience setting up digital ads (Facebook, Google Adwords, LinkedIn)
- Experience of website management, html or CSS
- SEO knowledge
- Experience of Marketo or Salesforce.com
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.