We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to support our cross-functional method development team. The Scrum Master's role is to help the team develop their own high-performance Scrum approach.They will coach both the development team and the Product Owner - helping everyone understand and embrace Agile values, processes, and practices.
Responsibilities (Key Tasks/Accountability)
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile values to delight both internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster self-organisation to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Coach and steer teams to use and adapt various agile methods and tools. Ensuring that the team is facilitated through sprint planning, stand-ups, show and tells and retrospectives.
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by fostering and nurturing strong relationships.
- Build a trusting, safe and collaborative environment within the team and wider stakeholders.
- Ensure best practices are not only implemented but followed to ensure successful delivery.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
- Proven experience and understanding of Scum/Agile principles, practices and theory.
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- HIstory of coaching & mentoring Scrum teams and preferably other Scrum Masters.
- Ability to use Scrum effectively outside of a purely software environment.
- Certified Scrum Master/Professional Scrum Master.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master for a high-performance research and development cross-disciplinary team.
- Experience of creating JIRA Scrum workflows & reports.
- Some experience of management/balancing different skill sets and specialities.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.