Senior Product Manager
You'll work with a small team of Product Managers with integrated responsibilities to the Programme teams and with a core focus on Breath Biopsy Test Products and Services. Your role will assume responsibility for delivering business value through development of profitable new product solutions and effective lifecycle management of current products to support the company mission and vision.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Market analysis and building a deep understanding of customer needs/pains to define new product solutions with clear value propositioning.
- Develop and present business cases for new product solutions and enhancements to support the company mission and vision.
- Generate market and user requirement specs for hardware/software products and work collaboratively with project teams to translate to product requirement specs.
- Represent the voice of the customer, manage the Product Backlog and lead product verification and validation activities to drive new product development process.
- Develop compelling product roadmaps aligned to the company mission and vision and with engagement and management of key stakeholder inputs to support your product vision and strategy.
- Develop product messaging and work collaboratively with Marketing resources to create product collateral, sales tools and campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation.
- Drive new product introduction process to launch new products and post-launch product and commercial model refinements to achieve product-market fit.
- Measure product performance through the in-life phase and coordinate sales, marketing and development activities to maximise revenue and growth through the product lifecycle.
Essential competencies & requirements for the role are as follows:
- Operates with high energy and a hands-on approach to get things done, effective at managing time and making priority calls to keep the most important work on track.
- Uses their analytical mindset and a data driven approach to distil and distinguish key points to drive business decisions and enable stakeholder management.
- Communicates commercial and technical concepts concisely and ability to influence effectively both internally and externally at all levels using multi-media.
- Experience of developing and marketing technical products for B2B and B2C sales.
- Demonstrates experience of driving new product development process within multi-disciplinary teams, resulting in successful launch of new/enhanced technical products.
- Highly customer focused, passionate about the customer and user experience with ability to build and translate customer empathy into actionable user and product requirements.
- Leads by example and with enthusiasm to motivate others, fostering an effective inter-disciplinary team culture that’s open, accountable, and focused on results delivery.
Desirable competencies & requirements for the role are as follows:
- Prior experience in a Product Management or Business Development role with responsibility for technical/scientific/biomedical products.
- Prior experience in a Sales and/or Product Marketing role.
- Practised at technical writing.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design processes.
- Hands on experience with Agile in the context of software development process.
- Experience of driving software development process with remote/external teams.
- Practical familiarity with the utility of CRM software.
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.