Supply Chain Coordinator
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Supply Chain Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day to day administration of Sales orders, logistics and materials.
They will have constant interaction with production activities and be responsible for reporting/understanding delivery schedules and customer shipments daily.
They will be expected to take a pro-active and involved approach in providing a fast, efficient and flexible service to all other functions within the business.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Logistics & export
- Responsible for all aspects of shipping and international trade including.
- courier selection, and management
- customer liaison, contract compliance
- IPR, OPR, and other HMRC obligations
- compliance with Environment Agency, IATA, and uk export control regulations
- compliance with international trading obligations
- provision of daily and weekly shipment updates to Production Manager
- Sales Order Processing
- Customer liaison and administration of sales orders (Customer Orders, SACKS) as per defined quality procedures
- Assist in definition and format of Sales reporting between Owlstone Inc/Medical
- Maintain up to date Salesforce, and SAGE records for customers
- Communicate correct information to production for each SO following review by technical lead and VP Operations/Manufacturing Team Leader
- Production Planning
- Update and review new IWO/customer demands on a daily/weekly basis, including allocation of IWO to customers
- Raising relevant documentation for customer orders
- Provide and review Sales Pipeline with VP Operations/Manufacturing Team Leader on a weekly basis
- Dispatch & Invoicing
- Understand and plan the shipping schedule with the relevant Managers
- Responsible for dispatch and tracking of customer orders
- Dispatch note and Invoice processing through Business Central
- Updating of various systems and records to the required levels
Competencies and Requirements of the role (Essential)
- Delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to meet objectives in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Self-management skills to allow independent working.
- Prove experience in an administrative role within an import/export department
- Well organised and able to follow quality procedures
Education & Training
- Be qualified to relevant level in a logistics related discipline however a practical background in logistics/supply chain management may also be suffice.
- Training in export/import procedures and/or goods with specific legislative requirements
- Understanding of software packages related to booking couriers and tracking of shipments, ideally using Sage / Business Components (desirable)
Experience / Knowledge
- Experience of using an ERP/finance software package for logging and entry of data (desirable)
- Understands the different elements associated with the dispatch, tracking and recording of shipments (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with delayed shipments and resolving these issues (essential)
- High attention to detail
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Good data entry skills and able to handle repetitive tasks
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team.
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about the metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in-breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using email@example.com.