Owlstone Medical is looking for an experienced and resourceful Personal Assistant to support the management team. The role will require excellent planning and organisational skills, a dynamic approach to providing business support, and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. A diplomatic and discreet approach is paramount in this role, along with respecting confidentiality at all times.
This is a key role to support the achievements of Owlstone Medical, and it’s an exciting opportunity to support a passionate team through a period of growth and expansion.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week. We are happy to discuss a flexible working pattern with you, as we value flexibility between Owlstone Medical and our employees.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Providing a high-quality planning and organisational support service to the management team and the wider business.
- Managing diaries and scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Providing support for a range of meetings, including but not limited to preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting minutes, booking venues, and negotiating venue packages.
- Producing reports, presentations, and briefs.
- Sorting, distributing, and responding or drafting responses to incoming email in a timely and efficient manner.
- Processing claims for expenses.
- Any other ad hoc administrative support required by the senior managers.
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Proactive approach to tasks and problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to remain calm and structured when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Any event planning experience would be desirable
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment
Education & Training
- Educated to at least A-Level, preferably degree.
Experience / Knowledge
- Proven work experience as a Personal Assistant or Team Coordinator/Administrator
- Proven track record of managing multiple diaries
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Active listening
- Ability to work under pressure with experience of handling multiple tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to take minutes and actions clearly and accurately, and be confident to chase others.
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical (www.owlstonemedical.com) is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. If you are concerned that your application has not been received by Owlstone Medical, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.