FT Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Conference 2018
Royal Lancaster, Lancaster Terrace, London, 06 Nov 2018
Our Co-Founder and CEO, Billy Boyle, will be contributing to a panel on "Envisioning the Future of Diagnostics", at the Financial Times' Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Conference.
Panel: Envisioning the Future of Diagnostics
Some 70% of medical decisions, it is claimed are driven by diagnostics. As we enter the era of precision medicine, tailored therapeutics and AI, and as ever more rare diseases are investigated, diagnostics will continue to grow and the definition of what constitutes diagnostics will evolve.
Watch the Panel Session On Demand
- A vision for the future of diagnostics
- How will AI transform diagnostics?
- The role of digital diagnostics-how robust are they? The challenges of regulating medical algorithms
- Regulation and reimbursement challenges
- Beyond oncology: prospects for expanding RX/DX/companion diagnostic to chronic disease and other disease states
- Opportunities and challenges of early stage diagnostics
- Next Frontiers in diagnostics: Immune system mapping and diagnostics: facial recognition diagnostics
- The pitfalls of genetic testing-will we overwhelm the health system with the worried well?
Billy Boyle, Founder and CEO, Owlstone Medical
Philip Maurer, Pharmaceutical and Health Care Engineering Lead, Google Cloud, UK
John Reynders, Vice President, R&D Strategy, Program Management & Data Sciences, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Kevin Shah, Head of Enterprise New Business, FUJIFILM Medical Systems Europe
Tony Wang, Chief Operating Officer, Color Genomics
Moderator: Greg Reh, Global Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry Leader, Deloitte