1.1 Pediatric Breath Biopsy Collection Kit
Breath Biopsy Cartridge and Pediatric Mask for reliable collection of breath samples
- Collect reliable breath samples and analyze them in your own lab
- Conditioned and QC checked
- Ready to use
The 1.1 Pediatric Breath Biopsy Collection Kits include the consumables required for collection of
All of the consumables are sealed, ready to use, and are manufactured and quality checked to the exacting standards required for the analysis of VOC biomarkers in
Breath Biopsy Cartridges containing VOCs can be analyzed in your own laboratory using the Lonestar VOC Analyzer, or GC-MS (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry). Breath Biopsy Cartridges are returned to Owlstone Medical after use, using the pre-paid return envelope provided.
Breath Biopsy Cartridges
Each Breath Biopsy Cartridge contains two pairs of VOC sample tubes prepared using our proprietary conditioning and QC process which includes optimized parameters designed to remove even low levels of contaminants that could interfere with detection of VOCs in
- Thermal conditioning at > 300 °C for 4 hours.
- QC process includes analysis of blank Breath Biopsy Cartridges by TD-GC-MS, and evaluation of spectra against our database of blank profiles to ensure any background is below a total VOC count of 50 ng on trap mass threshold.
- Capped before and after breath collection to minimize contamination from external VOCs.
Breath Biopsy Masks
Pediatric Breath Biopsy Masks are manufactured to the specific requirements for breath VOC analysis.
- Initial conditioning
bake200 °C for 8 hours.
- Clean and wash process using acid/detergent mix, followed by rinse/dry at elevated temperature.
- Secondary bake at 200 °C for 680 hours.
Integralfilter is baked for 16 hours at 75 °C prior to assembly. QC includes mock breath collection (global analysis of VOCs by GC-MS).
- Vacuum sealed individually, ready to use.
How to Analyze
Once the breath samples have been collected using the ReCIVA Breath Sampler and Breath Biopsy Kit, the Breath Biopsy Cartridges can be analyzed in your own laboratory using our Lonestar VOC Analyzer, or GC-MS.
Alternatively, you may choose the 2.0 Breath Biopsy Discovery VOC Kits which include global analysis VOCs in our Breath Biopsy Services Laboratory, using our Breath Biopsy analytical platform which includes GC-MS. For validation studies, our 3.0 Target VOC kits include quantitative analysis of specific VOC biomarkers of interest.
What's inside the box
- One Breath Biopsy Cartridge
Four conditioned VOC sample tubes
Capped and ready to use
- One disposable Pediatric Breath Biopsy Mask
Vacuum sealed and ready to use
- Return envelope (pre-paid)
Breath Biopsy Cartridges are returned after use
ReCIVA® Breath Sampler
A reliable and reproducible way to capture VOC biomarkers in breath samples
1.0 Breath Biopsy Collection Kit
Breath Biopsy Cartridge and Mask for reliable collection of breath samples