Breath Biopsy Conference 2018
Cambridge, UK, 08 Nov 2018
Breath Biopsy Conference 2018 is Owlstone Medical's inaugural community meeting for breath researchers
The event aims to expose the untapped potential of breath analysis and bring together the brightest minds in the area of breath research.
Date: Thursday 8 November 2018, 9.30 - 17.00, followed by drinks and networking
Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge UK
Breath Biopsy Conference 2018 Agenda
The programme will include a tour of Owlstone Medical's Breath Biopsy Laboratory.
Registration from 09.30 - 10.00
- 10.00 - 10.10 Welcome: Billy Boyle, CEO, Owlstone Medical
- 10.10 - 10.35 Dr. Agnieszka Smolinska, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at Maastricht University - The Use of Volatile Biomarkers in Monitoring of Health and Disease
- 10.35 - 11.00 Dr Stephen Fowler, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, University of Manchester - Future Clinical Applications of Breath Analysis: Asthma
- 11.00 - 11.20 Coffee break
- 11.20 - 11.45 Dr Christian Frezza, MRC Programme Leader at the MRC Cancer Unit, University of Cambridge - Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Cancer
- 11.45 - 12.10 Billy Boyle, CEO, Owlstone Medical - Targeted breath analysis: exogenous volatile organic compounds (EVOC) as targeted metabolic probes in Breath Biopsy
- 12.10 - 12.35 Rianne Fijten, Department of Radiation Oncology, Maastrict University Medical Centre - The biological origin of volatile organic compounds in exhaled breath
12.35 - 14.45 Lunch including Poster Session and group tours of the Breath Biopsy Laboratory
- 14.45 - 15.10 Professor Paul Thomas, Professor of Analytical Science, Loughborough University - A breathomics work-flow
- 15.10 - 15.35 Dr Jonathan Beauchamp, Deputy Head of Department Sensory Analytics, Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging IVV - Standardising Breath Research: Needs and Challenges
- 15.35 - 16.00 Coffee break
- 16.00 - 16.25 Professor Chris Brightling, Wellcome Senior Research Fellow and Clinical Professor in Respiratory Medicine, University of Leicester - Breathomics in Airways Disease: A Perspective from Major Consortia
- 16.25 - 16.50 Dr Dahlia Salman, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University - Breath Analysis for Early Detection of Pesticides Poisoning in Sri Lanka: Bench to Bedside
- 16.50 - 17.00 Close: Billy Boyle, CEO, Owlstone Medical
Followed by drinks and nibbles from 17.00
View Posters and Presentations on the Breath Biopsy Community
You can download posters, and add comments on the posters and presentations via the Breath Biopsy Community site. Recordings of the presentations will be uploaded after the conference.
Missed the Conference?
To register your interest in attending next year's Breath Biopsy Conference please click the link below.
I AM INTERESTED IN ATTENDING next year
Today is the first Breath Biopsy Conference! Agnieszka Smolinska at @ToxicologyUM is speaking on VOC Biomarkers in Monitoring of Disease, followed by @StephenJ_Fowler from @UoM_Breathomics on Breath Analysis in Asthma. #BreathBiopsy #save100klives https://t.co/fU9rO8SF56 pic.twitter.com/rUJ4v4eShW— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
#BreathBiopsy Conference continues with talks by Christian Frezza from @CRUK_CI on Cancer Metabolism, @Bily_Boyle on Exogenous VOCs (EVOC) Probes as Targeted Metabolic Probes and @riannefijten from @MaastrichtU @MAASTROclinic on origin of VOCs in breath. https://t.co/2VCqc9YCyt pic.twitter.com/n1KhtgnkTS— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
Attendees getting an insider's tour of the #BreathBiopsy Laboratories where samples are analyzed for our Breath Biopsy Services and large scale clinical trials. #save100klives Learn more: https://t.co/4FfRBZgbwb pic.twitter.com/wIavf8L9cC— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
Poster Session at the #BreathBiopsy Conference is in full swing - download and comment on the posters here: https://t.co/KfBZeDigpO pic.twitter.com/e4Y6mqvQJv— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
#BreathBiopsy Conference continues with talks from Paul Thomas of@lborouniversity on the Breathomics workflow, and @_jdbeauchamp from @Fraunhofer on Standardising Breath Research. #save100klives Learn more: https://t.co/p0X1xGaLOi pic.twitter.com/F5JZY4JECD— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
#BreathBiopsy Conference attendees getting first hand experience of giving a breath sample using the #ReCIVA Breath Sampler and #BreathBiopsy Collection Station. #save100lives. Learn more: https://t.co/3PfEUdU9rT pic.twitter.com/znlgZ81oPo— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018
Thank you to all the #BreathBiopsy Conference speakers and to everyone for attending. Lastly we'll hear talks by Chris Brightling of @uniofleicester @Leic_hospital, and @SalmanDahlia of @lborouniversity. #save100klives Learn more: https://t.co/HzQVZnnPQL https://t.co/MNaZ5vpBnC pic.twitter.com/47WqsKN1ur— Owlstone Medical (@OwlstoneNano) 8 November 2018