Breath Biopsy Conference 2018
Cambridge, UK, 08 Nov 2018
Breath Biopsy Conference 2018 is Owlstone Medical's inaugural community meeting for breath researchers
The event aims to expose the untapped potential of breath analysis and bring together the brightest minds in the area of breath research.
Date: Thursday 8 November 2018, 9.30 - 17.00, followed by drinks and networking
Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge UK
Breath Biopsy Conference 2018 Agenda
The progamme will include a tour of Owlstone Medical's Breath Biopsy Laboratory.
Registration from 09.30
- 10.10 Professor Frederik-Jan van Schooten, Department Head and Professor of Genetic Toxicology, Maastricht University - The Use of Volatile Biomarkers in Monitoring of Health and Disease
- 10.40 Dr Stephen Fowler, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, University of Manchester - Future Clinical Applications of Breath Analysis: Asthma
- Coffee break
- 11.30 Dr Christian Frezza, MRC Programme Leader at the MRC Cancer Unit, University of Cambridge - Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Cancer
- 12.00 Dr Edoardo Gaude, Owlstone Medical - Targeted breath analysis: exogenous volatile organic compounds (EVOC) as targeted metabolic probes in Breath Biopsy
Lunch including Poster Session and tour of the Breath Biopsy Laboratory
- 14.30 Professor Paul Thomas, Professor of Analytical Science, Loughborough University - Title tbc
- 15.00 Dr Jonathan Beauchamp, Deputy Head of Department Sensory Analytics, Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging IVV - Standardising Breath Research: Needs and Challenges
- Coffee break
- 15.45 Professor Chris Brightling, Wellcome Senior Research Fellow and Clinical Professor in Respiratory Medicine, University of Leicester - Breathomics in Airways Disease: A Perspective from Major Consortia
- 16.15 Dr Dahlia Salman, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University - Breath Analysis for Early Detection of Pesticides Poisoning in Sri Lanka: Bench to Bedside
Followed by drinks and nibbles from 17.00
Interested in Attending?
To register your interest in attending the Breath Biopsy Conference please click the link below.
We will also be inviting breath researchers to showcase their work as a poster.
Click the button above (I am interested in attending) to receive emails relating to the poster abstract submission.
The deadline for e-poster submission is 24th October 2018. Posters should be submitted in electronic format and be in A1 portrait format (width / height: 594 x 841 mm, 23.4 x 33.1 in).