Owlstone Medical has taken a step forward in breath research with our new generation of Breath Biopsy® devices. the new ReCIVA® Breath Sampler, CASPER™ Portable Air Supply and Breath Biopsy® Collect software offer an enhanced breath collection experience for Breath Biopsy users.
ReCIVA® Breath Sampler
As the heart of the Breath Biopsy platform, the ReCIVA Breath Sampler provides a means for quality breath sample collection, gathering VOCs from exhaled air and pre-concentrating VOCs into a quartet of sorbent tubes. This award-winning device offers consistent and reproducible breath sampling to enable high sensitivity detection of a wide range of prospective breath biomarkers.
The new ReCIVA includes:
- Reduced noise - Internal enhancements mean the ReCIVA is quieter than its predecessor
- Improved sample collection consistency - We’ve taken steps to further reduce the effects of wear and tear between sample collection
- Updated mask processing - To reduce the level of background VOCs in collected breath samples
- Enhanced firmware - Providing more robust and consistent performance
- New casework - Simplified bodywork with a crisp new design
CASPER™ Portable Air Supply
Reliably detecting low concentration volatile organic compound (VOC) biomarkers from breath samples lies at the heart of what makes Breath Biopsy a world leader in breath research. By helping to exclude VOC contaminants from the environment, the CASPER Portable Air Supply ensures Breath Biopsy delivers results that are both accurate and consistent.
There are many VOCs in the air around us and that we breathe in. When we collect breath samples, these VOCs get collected along with the ones that come from inside the body. The abundance of these environmental VOCs can be much higher than the VOCs we’re interested in studying. This creates a lot of noise in breath analysis which makes it harder to identify meaningful changes. Since different locations also have different environmental VOCs it makes it harder to compare breath samples from different trial sites. By filtering environmental VOCs out of the air that’s used for Breath Biopsy, CASPER helps to address these issues. CASPER improves the quality and sensitivity of breath biomarker detection.
We’re always working to improve our products and over the last two years extensive research and development time has been invested in enhancing CASPER to make it easier to use with more user feedback. The result is the new-model Breath Biopsy CASPER.
The new CASPER works with the ReCIVA® Breath Sampler and offers a range of benefits over its predecessor. These include:
- Sleek, integrated design - the new CASPER unites the airflow pump and filter into one casing that connects directly to the ReCIVA Breath Sampler. This makes the whole system more compact and portable.
- Easy-change filters - the new CASPER uses filter cartridges which can be easily lifted out and securely replaced without the need to use tools or adjust fastenings.
- User-friendly feedback - the new CASPER includes feedback lights and warnings as well as an integrated power switch. It will notify you when the filter cartridge needs changing as well as providing warnings of temperature and airflow issues.
- Filter lifetime monitoring - the new CASPER monitors the remaining lifetime of the current filter cartridge and will only perform breath collection if sufficient lifetime is remaining. The rated lifetime of a cartridge is 250 hours of use.
- Enhanced flow-rate - providing improved sampling consistency and comfort for test subjects.
Breath Biopsy® Collect
We’re also launching an update for Breath Biopsy Collect. This software monitors subject breathing and regulates VOC collection through the ReCIVA Breath Sampler. The new release introduces:
- Enhanced user experience - including a full screen view, clearer buttons, enhanced visuals, improved user instructions and simplified navigation.
- Clearer user interface - including simplified main screen and new advanced view.
- Technical rebuild - Changes behind the scenes offer greater flexibility for future expansions and the addition of new features in future.
Get in touch to find out more about using Breath Biopsy, ReCIVA Breath Sampler and the CASPER Portable Air Supply to collect high quality breath samples for your research. Read more about these new products in our press release or register to attend the Breath Biopsy Conference.