Breath Biopsy® Kits
Enabling breath sample collection for VOC biomarker analysis with ReCIVA® Breath Sampler
- Collect, stabilize and pre-concentrate VOCs
- Supports VOC discovery and analysis for a range of applications
- Sealed, ready to use, and quality checked to exacting standards
Breath Biopsy Kits contain the Breath Biopsy Cartridges and Masks to enable breath sample collection with the ReCIVA® Breath Sampler. Each kit contains a Breath Biopsy Cartridge to collect, stabilize and pre-concentrate VOCs, enhancing the sensitivity of detection, and a disposable Breath Biopsy Mask. The Cartridges can then be stored and returned to Owlstone Medical for analysis.
Kits can support sample collection whether you're interested in untargeted VOC discovery or targeted VOC analysis. You can even opt for Breath Biopsy OMNI and let us support you at all stages for reliable, global biomarker discovery. OMNI combines our expertise in study planning, management, breath collection, breath analysis, and statistical analysis and reporting to provide you with the best quality result.
Our discovery services have been developed to help detect prospective VOC biomarkers with evidence of association to diseases of interest, such as lung cancer or respiratory diseases, or pre-selected biochemical processes including inflammation and oxidative stress. Kits are also in use for exposure research studies, examining the health impacts of environmental factors.
Breath Biopsy offers complete support for sample collection and analysis. Find out about our analysis servicesBreath Biopsy Services
Cartridge Conditioning & QC
Each Breath Biopsy Cartridge contains two pairs of VOC sample tubes prepared using our proprietary conditioning and QC process which includes:
- Thermal conditioning to ensure low levels of residual VOCs are removed and to enable enhanced sensitivity for breath analysis methods
- Stringent QC - blank tubes are analyzed to ensure VOC levels below background threshold
- Caps protect from contamination before and after sampling
Mask Conditioning & QC
Breath Biopsy Masks are manufactured to the specific requirements for breath VOC analysis.
- Manufactured from medical grade silicone
- Conditioned and coated to minimize VOC contaminants for high level performance, stored in a low VOC environment to maintain optimum quality
- Sealed in tamper-evident packaging, ready for use
- Includes a high-efficiency, low-resistance bacterial filter