Breath Biopsy® Kits
Enabling breath sample collection for VOC biomarker analysis with ReCIVA® Breath Sampler
- Collect, stabilize and pre-concentrate VOCs
- Supports both untargeted VOC discovery and targeted VOC analysis
- Sealed, ready to use, and quality checked to exacting standards
Breath Biopsy Kits contain the Breath Biopsy Cartridges and Masks to enable breath sample collection with the ReCIVA® Breath Sampler. Each kit contains a Breath Biopsy Cartridge to collect, stabilize and pre-concentrate VOCs, enhancing the sensitivity of detection, and a disposable Breath Biopsy Mask. The Cartridges can then be stored and returned to Owlstone Medical for analysis.
Kits can support sample collection whether you're interested in untargeted VOC discovery or targeted VOC analysis. By opting to use Breath Biopsy Services to analyze your samples, you can draw upon the resources of our specialized Breath Biopsy Laboratory for sample analysis including VOC identification using our high resolution accurate mass (HRAM) Breath Biopsy Library.
Our targeted analysis capabilities are optimized to help idenitfy VOC with evidence of association to diseases of interest, such as lung cancer or respiratory diseases, or pre-selected biochemical processes including inflammation and oxidative stress. Kits are also in use for exposure research studies, examining the health impacts of environmental factors.
Breath Biopsy offers complete support for sample collection and analysis. Find out about our analysis servicesBreath Biopsy Services
Cartridge Conditioning & QC
Each Breath Biopsy Cartridge contains two pairs of VOC sample tubes prepared using our proprietary conditioning and QC process which includes:
- Thermal conditioning to ensure low levels of residual VOCs are removed and to enable enhanced sensitivity for breath analysis methods
- Stringent QC - blank tubes are analyzed to ensure VOC levels below background threshold
- Caps protect from contamination before and after sampling
Mask Conditioning & QC
Breath Biopsy Masks are manufactured to the specific requirements for breath VOC analysis.
- Manufactured from medical grade silicone
- Conditioned and coated to minimize VOC contaminants for high level performance, stored in a low VOC environment to maintain optimum quality
- Sealed in tamper-evident packaging, ready for use
- Includes a high-efficiency, low-resistance bacterial filter